The truth is that Dynamics 365 Portals, is part of the The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Product Roadmap.
This is a Dynamics 365 Training Guide to Installing The Dynamics 365 Portals:
Software Prerequisites Include: Minimum of Either Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 or Higher Such As: Dynamics 365
- Using an Office 365 Administrator Account, navigate to https://portal.office.com/ and go to ‘Admin’ tile.
- Go to ‘Admin Center’ and then choose what’s called ‘Dynamics 365’.
- Now navigate to the organization instance that you want to install your ‘Dynamics 365 Portal’ and use the ‘Edit’ button, make sure to use the one near ‘Solutions’ it looks like a little pencil.
- Choose ‘Custom Portal’ from this list and then use ‘Install’ button, then do the same clicking Install in the popup
- In the Dynamics 365 CRM organization, you should see the status installed and verify that it has in fact been installed
- Now return to https://portal.office.com, choose the ‘Admin Center’ and ‘Dynamics 365’ and then use the ‘Application’ tab.
- Notice ‘Configure your Portal’, and put in all required information. Notice:
- Portal Binding is: Custom Portal
- Portal Audience is: Customer
- Use the ‘Accept’ button to allow the Dynamics 365 Portal. and navigate to Portal Details. Wait about 20 minutes please, then ‘Custom Portal’ will be ready!
- At this point in time go to the ‘Base Portal URL’ to verify the successful installation. This should open in a brand new window and at this point, your Dynamics 365 Custom Portal is in fact ready for action!